We're Accepting Applications
Berks County High School Seniors, We Want To Hear From You
This scholarship is available to graduating Berks County high school seniors who have overcome adversity in their lives to successfully complete high school, and will be continuing on to higher education at an accredited university, college or trade school. Award winners will meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to academics in high school
- Demonstrate perseverance over challenging life circumstances to better themselves
- Exhibit a strong desire for personal growth and success
How to apply?
- Complete the Lauren's Foundation application
- Write an essay describing how the following quote from American author and poet Maya Angelou applies to their lives and circumstances: “I can be changed by what happens to me. I refuse to be reduced by it.”
- The selection committees may, but need not, consider financial need when selecting recipients. Applicants agree to provide the necessary details if so requested.
Rules and Restrictions
Applications must be submitted electronically through this site to be considered for a scholarship award. A completed application copy should also be submitted to the applicant's high school’s guidance department by March 31st. Applicants agree that, if awarded the scholarship, their likeness or image may be included in marketing materials for Lauren's Foundation. The value of scholarships awarded is typically $1,000 but may be more or less at the sole discretion of the Foundation Directors and/or selection committees.